Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BoDeans: May 14, 1988


This is one of the few bands I have to wonder about seeing. I suppose they are inoffensive enough, but not particularly memorable or inspiring.

I don't remember much of anything about this show, but I do recall that afterward my friend Bonnie and waited at the alleyway where everyone who plays the Michigan Theatre has to exit to get to their tour buses. Sammy Llanas, who is probably best remembered for being annoying in an already annoying Robbie Robertson video, totally brushed us off. He signed our photos or whatever we were carrying, but I think he actually grunted at us. Kurt Neumann was very nice and polite, but Bonnie made some joke, then said she was being facetious, and he had no idea what "facetious" meant.

Had there been some sex or drugs, we would have encountered all the negative stereotypes about rock musicians in a single night!

No comments:

Post a Comment