Thursday, April 14, 2011

Belinda Carlisle: July 20, 1988


This was another freebie concert, courtesy of a friend who had an extra ticket. I loved the Go-Go's and liked Belinda Carlisle's first solo album, but I recall my reaction to Heaven on Earth (her new release at the time of this show) being immediate and negative. I was bummed that I had missed Carlisle opening for Robert Palmer when her earlier album came out.

I don't recall a lot about this show. I know Carlisle performed a few Go-Go's songs in addition to selections from her two solo albums. Paul Carrack, of Squeeze and Mike + the Mechanics, opened and did a couple songs from both those bands, including "Tempted." Mostly I remember the novelty of being in the pavilion of Pine Knob, an outdoor venue for summer shows, whereas I normally sat on the big hill that comprised the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment